Health, Safety & Environment
No accidents. No incidents. No damage.
Quality and safety are central to everything we do at A2Sea and all processes we carry out are characterised by the same objectives:
- Safety first – Zero Harm
- No accidents or incidents
- No damage
Our safety and quality policies are clearly defined and integrated in all our operations. We also enforce a ’No blame’ policy to encourage the reporting of all incidents. The overall objective in this is to become even better by knowledge sharing and thus learning from incidents.
We have been in this industry for over a decade and pioneered many of the techniques and methods currently used. Our ways of working have set standards for best practice and are now applied to many offshore wind installations.
Today A2Sea operates an integrated management system fully certified.
- The International Safety Management Code (ISM Code) DNV-GL
- International Ship & Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) DNV-GL
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System – Lloyds Register
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System and – Lloyds Register
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System – Lloyds Register
ensuring a high standard of health, safety, environment and quality throughout our work both on land and at sea.
Furthermore our Installation Vessels hold “Clean(Design)” notations from DNV-GL (Class) which include additional voluntary requirements to:
- NOx emissions
- SOx emissions
- Fire-fighting substances
- Residues of cargo oil and chemicals
- Oil bunkering arrangement
- Ballast water treatment
- Bilge water
- Garbage management
- Oil and Water interfaces
The Management System describes the business processes from the initial customer contact through planning, execution and finally closing the project, learning and improving where needed. Our systems and operations are continuously monitored and we strive to improve and enhance our business performance in all our activities.