Market leadership from Day One
As strange as it may seem when you look at us now, A2SEA was born as a sketch on a restaurant napkin.
In the beginning, there were just a few employees, no more. Even then, we were still the market leader in foundation and turbine transport and installation – it’s just that the market itself was in its infancy, too.
More than decade later, we’ve grown. So has the industry. But we’re still the market leader, with the lion’s share of installed infrastructure offshore. And a lot of new skills, too.
In the early days, we climbed steep learning curves, and learned most of what we could by just getting out there and doing it. Things have changed. We’ve gone from performing custom conversions (such as SEA POWER) to building second-generation vessels as advanced as SEA INSTALLER and her sister vessel, SEA CHALLENGER.
So now we’re a know-how based company, too. And we know a lot. We’ve built best practices around what we know. And we apply our know-how every single day. In fact, our slogan “Powered by know-how” has never been more true than it is right now.
Today we’re proud to still be the leading company with the longest track record, the largest capacity and the most extensive knowledge base in the industry.
- 2017 A2SEA is acquired by GeoSea
- 2016 A2SEA installs MHI Vestas 8MW WTGs at Burbo Bank Extension
- 2015 A2SEA installs Siemens 6MW WTGs at Westermost Rough OWF
- 2013 A2SEA installs WTGs at Anholt Offshore Wind Farm
- 2012 SEA INSTALLER starts work at Gunfleet Sands, first time ever to install Siemens 6MW offshore
- 2012 SEA INSTALLER arrives in Europe
- 2012 A2SEA invests in CT Offshore
- 2012 NB002 ordered for delivery in 2014
- 2010 ISO 14001 (Environment) and OHSAS 18001 (Safety )
- SEA INSTALLER ordered for delivery in 2012
- Siemens Wind Power invests in A2SEA
- 2009 A2SEA is acquired by DONG Energy
- 2008 Ownership of SEA WORKER
- 2007 Ownership of SEA JACK
- 2005 Ownership of SEA ENERGY and SEA POWER
- DNV Certification of QA System – DS/EN ISO 9001:2000
- 2002 First project; Horns Rev – 80 WTGs installed
- 2000 Established in Fredericia, Denmark